Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Photoshop

The process of Photoshop I found to be very precise and challenging, however it was entertaining to develop and apply the many different aspects of it to my image. We learned various techniques to enhance light and texture within out images. This could help them to stand out even more amongst there backdrops. The image I used for this assignment was of my “Little Toy” project. The picture is of a gnome, which was the center of my project, placed on a conveyer belt at an airport where the luggage comes out. The original image is far different from my edited shot which was the main purpose of this assignment, to use an image and create something totally different from it.
The first step I took in making this image was adjusting the threshold of the gnome individually. I made the gnome a light blue color to do this I had to cut the gnome from the background so that the finishing product would be separate from the background. Next I had to create at least ten different layers and with each one I had to change the threshold making the first as light as possible and the last as dark as possible. With that I took each individual layer and made the one with the lightest threshold the darkest shade of blue and the last layer of threshold that was the darkest the lightest shade of blue. This creates nice shading within the image of the portions that are supposed to be lighter then the rest to grasp and identify what it is. The result of this made the object entirely blue, which was what I was going for in editing this image.
After this part of the process was finished I changed the background using the poster edges filter, which gave it its gritty paintbrush feel. Then cut the image and spherized the image, which gave it the fisheye affect. This makes the picture bulge out as if your viewing it through a looking glass. The process all though difficult gave the results that I was looking for in my image. I never realized how much you can truly manipulate an image. This however does not take away from the truth that I have learned about taking photography in that your best image is the one you see through your own eyes and that is without manipulations.


No comments:

Post a Comment